Everyone's gonna die. . . . that's right, including you. . .
Was at a funeral at the end of '09 and the pastor at the church presiding over the service gave a sermon that I actually listened to. . .he lamented on how guy simply refuse to acknowledge that they are going to die and thus sort out their lives before they go and end up leaving a humongous mess what with wives crawling out of the woodwork and having relatives fighting over mundane patches of infertile land. All this would have been avoided by simply writing a comprehensive will. . .. nothing trumps a lawyer with a document with your signature on it.
many also go with a million and 1 regrets. . . wishing they had been nicer to that neighbour, gotten the balls to ask that girl out those many decades ago, wishing they didnt blow that cash on a silly coasto trip or investing in that fishy pyramid like scheme. . . and so on . . truth is all these characters are in denial of a very simple truth. . . .we all have limited lives. . .and the sooner we start doing things we like the happier we will be. On this note the following are the things I would like to do before I kick that big 'ol Bucket. . ..who knows maybe tomorrow. . . .
- Sail around the world in one huge yacht/ship/dhow/raft anything that can float
- Get every single countries stamp on my passport
- Go sky diving and fall for like 10 minutes(not sure if that's possible but al sure try)
- Overcome each and every phobia I have. . . .this am sure will be hardest but then again I aint getting any other chance. . .
- Go to space even if for minutes or seconds. .
- Get a personal Autograph from my childhood heros Stone cold Steve Austin, Jim Carrey, etc. . .
- push the button to detonate an explosive that causes a phenomenal explosion (whaaat?. . . its my list)
- Meet an Alien. . . (I know al need a stick of weed for that one. . . )
- Get twentyseventeen kids that will be running all round the house breaking things an being a real pin in the neck. . .
- Spend a year in tibet with the monks. . . .
- Appear on the cover of the Times for whatever reason. . . .worlds most prolific criminal would do. . .
- Create a simple yet ingenious invention that will put me in science books for the rest of eternity thomas edison style. . .
- Save a life or two
I know I may not even get to half on this list but writing it down is a start. . . . Whats in your list?