I have heard all manner of conspiracy theories as to the origin and intent of facebook from it being a CIA front hell bent on gathering as much info on everyone as possible to it being Mark Zuckerberg’s pet project of ruling the world.
I have no idea what its intentions are but such speculations are clearly not affecting the worlds youth as they hop on to the bandwagon.
- Its not that hot. Granted if you are indoors without a fan you are screwed but outside its just like Nairobi sun.
- Its not Miami people dress normally down there you wont see chicks in bikinis in the streets or guys in those flower patterned shirts and beach shorts and shades.
- Predominant language is barely swahili. In my stay there there were more guys korogain kyuk than anything else. Wasapere have spread everywhere. . .we are like some endemic parasite.
- Mombasa is dirty any way you look at it, you would think with all that water around the joint would be clean.
- It rarely rains. Even my ocha trumps it.
- Dress kawaida yaani unless you are going to the beach avoid beach shorts, fancy sandals and vests or funny tropical shirts. you stink of being from bara from a mile away.
- Don't try talk with a swahili accent. the locals will pick up the pathetic attempt and you will still buy the the kanga at a ridiculously inflated price.
- If its your first time, grab a local friend and let him be your guide. it will be cheaper and you will get to see/experience more stuff that way.
- Do not And I repeat DO NOT entrust your date to a beach boy to show her how to swim. You might as well hand her over to a rapist.
- Avoid fishy people with all sorts of great advice. If you have a plan stick to it. . .Being random is not so smart. .
- Have a properly lined wallet/purse. Fun is not for free.